Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's OK! I am wearing pants

Sometimes I'm travelling to uni on the train and I panic slightly because I worry about how the day will go.

It's weird because the thought that usually consoles me is "It's OK, you remembered to put pants on today, things can't be that bad if you remembered to wear pants. You will be fine."

I actually take a moment to check if I am wearing pants on public transport to reassure me that my day will be OK. True story.

I wonder at the frequency I use this thought as a consolation, I mean I've never even come close to forgetting to put on pants (or any other socially acceptable item of clothing that covers my lower half) in any circumstance. I have no idea what that means about me as a person. I just find calmness in the most simplest, silliest observations ... it could be worse, YOU COULD BE WEARING NO PANTS!

So, my advice is, as long as you are wearing pants you will be OK.

I think I need to include something else in this blog. But I can't think of many things. I joined an orchestra yesterday, that was a bit exciting, everyone was really nice. Now I need to make up four years worth of practise.

I am also reading a lot about water supply in developing countries because that is the loose topic of my final year project. It is quite interesting but there's a lot a lot a lot to read. And it's also nice to feel well informed about a social topic that gets mentioned a lot "a billion people don't have ready access to clean drinking water..." etc etc. WELL I KNOW WHY. Well not really, but I'd like to think I know more due to the amount I have been reading about it.

I also read We Need To Talk About Kevin recently. It is a very good book. One of the most thought provoking books I've read in a while. It raises interesting questions about why people have children and places an importance on what having a child really means that I think some people always overlook when discussing whether or not they will have children. There is also a lot more than that that is thought provoking about the book but maybe you should read it and find out for yourself.

But I'm more than just a little curious how you're planning to go about making your amends
To the dead

No comments: