Friday, April 10, 2009

Break and ... did someone say MUSE?

So once again I fail. I missed a blog for the 9th of April. That was mainly because I couldn't think of anything to write and I was quite tired yesterday, so I couldn't be bothered rambling on about the fact I had nothing to write about.

I have a week "study break" from uni starting today and ending in a weeks time on Monday. This break is probably going to be pretty busy seeing as it's Easter this weekend so there's all the going church, seeing family stuff that usually happens at these times of the year to do as well as my multitude of assignments and just general study that will actually enable me to past my units. AND I also want to catch up with my friends I haven't seen in AEONS.

I just bought two Muse songs from iTunes (Easily and Crying Shame) that I didn't realise they had on iTunes (iTunes Australia needs a better range. NOW.), and I was just listening to Crying Shame and it has at least one swear word in it which I'm only pointing out because I'm obsessive and out of the 87 Muse songs that I have that is the only one that has proper swearing in it. And because I'm weird like that I've always wondered why Matt Bellamy tends to write songs without swearing in them. I don't even know if that's a valid point to wonder about but I still do. If I ever get the chance I may ask them about it. They are touring soon, and are "special guests" at some of U2's American shows. Not that I care too much about U2, and personally I think Muse will upstage U2 big time but then again I don't know how good U2 are live. Apparently they are very good. But Matt Bellamy > Bono. To quote a YouTube comment about a video of Muse playing Showbiz in their earlier days when Matt had blonde hair and wore a hat.

"Look children, there's God ... in a hat."

That's probably blasphemy, strictly speaking but it's still funny. =) Also it's not a direct quote. In fact I'm pretty sure the person who wrote the original comment had some grammatical errors but the general jist is still the same.
Most Muse fans would refer to Matt as a god. I don't know if I'd particularly label ANYONE as a divine being because really they may be exceptionally talented and all but they're still human. However Bellamy is AWESOME times a million. Wow this blog wasn't meant to be at all about Muse but then again I didn't know what I was going to write when I started so maybe it was...
I was also going to gripe about how I couldn't go see them when they toured in North America and Europe. But I got distracted writing about the hat comment. So here's me griping...

gripe gripe gripe WHY DO I LIVE ON THE WRONG CONTINENT(S) gripe

Thank you.

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Gerarda. Your Muse fangirling amuses me greatly, but I don't know why... XD <3 You should email Muse about coming to Australia to do tours. I'm sure that would be awesome! If I was in a super famous rock band, I would totally tour Australia. (The only downside is the giant spiders... =O Those are horrifying.)