Friday, April 3, 2009

Today is Friday

So this is my second but really should be my third BEDA blog. I was going to do a blog about Prosh but I'm not sure what to write about as yet. However I will define it for those who are confused to what Prosh actually is, because I'm sure most of the people who will read this blog aren't from Perth, let alone Australia and have just as much trouble knowing what it is as I have understanding French =P.

My university, the University of Western Australia once a year raises money for several charities by selling so called "satricial" newspapers that contains articles written by various students. The way we sell them is by dressing up in crazy costumes and going out at early hours in the morning and harass all the commuters as they make their way to their places of work. So on Prosh day it's not unusual to see guys wearing nappies or tutus waving newspapers in people faces, or girls and guys painted in head to toe in blue or green or any other such colour shaking tins in the name of a good cause. Prosh is short for procession, so there is a parade through the streets during the day with various student clubs and unions from UWA having there own lavishly decorated floats (or not so lavishly decorated in the case of the Arts Union thus proving they ARE a lazy bunch) as part of it.
This is a picture of the Science Union float: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1712801&l=bfff0a47ef&id=543788156
The theme for the science union was sci-fi/fantasy.

That's all I can think of to say today. Write more tomorrow! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's what Prosh is! I've really been wondering, cause you sounded so excited about it.
Haha, I wish I could explain French as quickly as it was to explain Prosh... But then I wouldn't have a job, because no one would need a French teacher! Oops.